Car batteries are about as important as our cars themselves. To put a long story short, a car battery is generally used for three specific functions collectively known as SLI, an acronym for starting, lighting and ignition. It starts the engine. Once the engine is on, the alternator supplies power to the car. The starting of the car discharges less than three percent of the battery capacity which the SLI batteries are designed to handle quite beautifully. This one one of the best car batteries and you will understand why we have said it.
- The battery delivers a surge in amperes which starts the car. We will discuss a specimen of the Lead-Acid battery type which is the oldest type of rechargeable battery Car battery review: XS Power D1200 XS Series 12V 2600 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt currently available.
- A Lead-Acid battery has several features. It has a very low energy-to-weight ratio and a low energy-to-volume ratio.
- The battery is able to supply high surge currents making the cells possess a large power-to-weight ratio. These features are supplemented by the fact that a Lead-Acid battery is relatively cheap.
Since they are inexpensive, these batteries are widely used even when surge current is not important. We know that the 12V 2600 Amp variant of the Lead-Acid battery is the most popular of the lot. When compared to rival Gel-cell batteries and absorbed glass-mat batteries, such examples are efficient in maintaining a decent car with adequate resources. Such is the popularity of the Lead-Acid battery that an estimate puts the manufacturing market value of about $15 billion as of now.
- XS Power D1200 XS Series 12V 2600 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt.
This new offering from the house of XS Power is a Sealed Absorbed Glass Mat design commonly known as the AGM design.
This battery is leak proof which adds a new dimension of usability for the user. Included are the M6 Terminal Hardware system which adds a measure of durability and usability when the battery is bought for long life. The 12-volt battery type is widely used and hence is easy to replace and reuse on different car models. Also, the battery is perfect for 1500-3000 watt car audio sound systems. For a change, the battery also offers support for Car Audio Systems up to 3000W RMS. Lastly, the XS Power D1200 also has 44 amp hours of life.
Why Buy The XS Power D1200 XS Series 12V 2600 Amp?
The reasons are numerous and multifaceted. We will try and list some of the most attractive features.
- XS Power's D1200 Power Cell will easily put out 725 cranking amps with a maximum output of 2600 amps. This is a lot of juice for even the most demanding car engines.
- This Lead-Acid battery will resist even the most extreme heat and moist conditions and vibrations. Since it is 100% sealed, users can expect and maintenance free. The M6 Terminal hardware is also included for convenient installation.
- The dimensions of 11.54 x 12.81 x 11.11 inches make for easy and comfortable installation. It is useful for both front-mounted and rear-mounted engines.
- The battery is capable of storing energy. The result: you don't need an extra capacitor for your vehicle.
- The battery is lightweight at only 33 pounds. A low battery weight also makes it more practical, conveyable and reduces the overall weight of the car improving mileage.
- The battery like all standard lead-acid designs is completely self-contained. No water can be inserted without physically drilling a hole in the battery's hide.
The very nature of the battery is deep-cycle cell type and these are much less susceptible to degradation due to cycling and can also power electric vehicles and uninterruptible power supply sources. These batteries have thicker plates which deliver less peak current. They are also able to withstand more frequent discharging.
One major advantage of the battery is the support system from the manufacturers. Any complaint will be promptly addressed by XS Power. Online user support is available. It is also a registered and authorised Internet supplier and dealer.
The battery comes with a 3-year Manufacturer's warranty. It is available for a very reasonable $204.
Never overcharge your battery. Excessive charging causes electrolysis, which emits hydrogen and oxygen in a process known as gassing. Sufficient build-up of pressure in the battery will cause an explosion.
The battery contains acid inside, obviously. This is highly corrosive and should not be trifled with.
Compared to rival batteries like the Odyssey PC680 Battery and the Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose, this battery is very light. The lightweight factor is a blessing but it might be overlooked while the car is being serviced. It is also incompatible with certain types of accessories.